Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Since when are my thoughts noteworthy?

Okay, gang, here we go. I am sure there are many of you who will look at the content here and think, "Who the hell cares about the ramblings of some old bat just because she was born in 1946?" If those are your feelings, you probably won't like much of anything I choose to say, so go find something else.

If the year 1946 means anything to you, it might be that it was the year for the first baby boomers to arrive. My folks used to swear that I was born nine months and fifteen minutes after my Dad arrived back from World War II. I always thought that was sort of cool, and a nice way of telling me that they actually "did it" on occasion. Like many youngsters, I assumed that it was only "done" three times in their history - once for each of us three kids.

Having said that, I assume that I am far from the only person to have been conceived and produced in such fashion, and on those dates. There were 64 of us in my high school graduating class, the biggest class the school had ever seen. In my other high school, the one I moved away from, there were another 300 or more in the Class of 1964. I bet there were a whole lot of other classes of 1964 in a whole lot of other schools. We will shortly be clogging the rolls of Social Security.

For that reason I think I am right in guessing that there are a whole bunch of you who have either lived a pretty fascinating life, or have observed or gossiped about someone else our age who has done so. I have been told often that my life resembles a good old "grade B" novel, but anyone reading it wouldn't believe it. I'm going to test that theory, and you are my audience. I don't care if you are in your 60's or in your teens. I think you will find some fun in my ramblings, and possibly even a lesson or two.

I will freely admit that I was an idiot when I was younger, and I am just as adamant in stating that I am not one now. Come along for the ride, and we may see just how that transition might have happened:

2 comments:

  1. noteworthy. fun, entertaining and interesting all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh by the way..my parents only 'did it' twice..my sister and me!..lol

    ReplyDelete